Saturday, April 18, 2015

Lemon Balm Pesto

Lemon balm is prolific in my garden, as in many others.  A member of the mint family, it spreads like wildfire and produces fragrant lemon-scented leaves almost all year long.  Last year was the first year I became aware of its charms.  You see, I thought it was lemon mint, and was expecting fresh and fragrant mojitos in the bright, humid summer of Charlotte.  In any case, I was presented with lemon balm instead, and it took me a while to figure out what to do with it.  A rudimentary search on Pinterest led me to Lemon Balm Pesto.  Now that it's prime season for herbs, I decided to give it a try.

Lemon Balm Pesto

A handful of parsley
Two to three handfuls of lemon balm
Olive oil
Vegetable Oil
Garlic
Scallion tops
Rice Wine vinegar
Fish Sauce

Toasted pumpkin seeds
Salt
Red pepper flakes

Mix until you get something that looks like pesto.  Easy peasy.



0 comments:

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com