Saturday, November 3, 2018

Fundraising!

Hello all! I've decided to do something a bit differently this year. Instead of posting a Donor's Choose project, I would like to receive gift cards to Teachers Pay Teachers. If you haven't heard of this website, it's an amazing resource for teachers to publish the curriculum and supplemental materials they create for purchase to other teachers. Many teachers have a plethora of resources, and there are even those that specialize in curriculum for students with autism.

While I like Donor's Choose for physical items we need, like office supplies, manipulatives and large purchases, Teachers Pay Teachers is not included on their vendor list. There is a way for me to create a special project in order to request these materials, however, it requires me to use all my points to create the project, and substantial processing fees are added. Also, I need to itemize each material, which is cumbersome when I am looking to purchase upwards of 20+ items. Teachers Pay Teachers gift cards never expire, and to have a credit to my account will help me access needed materials for the rest of the year. Some items will be in a bundle, while others I will purchase individually.

It's been a challenging school year on many levels. Typically, I prefer to fundraise at the beginning of the school year, but this year, it's taken some time to determine what we really need in the classroom. Half of my class is new to me, and we have some very high behavioral needs. Now that we have adequate classroom structure and routines in place to support everyone, we are full steam ahead on increasing academic rigor. Although I plan on starting a Donor's Choose campaign, right now we are in need of tasks to maintain skills already learned for independent schedule following. Many times, I create my own materials, however, since I am in graduate school full-time, this is a luxury I have no time to afford. I have ink, laminating sheets, cardstock and velcro ready to go and parent volunteers to help. Now I just need the tasks! Please consider contributing by purchasing a gift card on Teachers Pay Teachers. My email address is christinamoliveri at g mail.

Click here to purchase a Gift Card

Here is a sampling of resources I intend to purchase:

Parts of Speech task cards

Language Task Cards



Fundraising ideas for schools, churches, and youth sports teamsThermometer By ABC Fundraising®

0 comments:

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com