Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Just Relaxin'

Whazzup! I've been having a nice vacation. Still have to do some work, though. Burnt myself to a crisp on Saturday at a friends house, but at least I can move. It was really bad, and the stupid part is I knew I was gonna get a burn, and I still went out there. I got to drive a boat, which was awesome. My dad invited me to the lakehouse where we will kayak and work on the deck. Yeah! Power tools!

Last night I went to dinner with my friend M. We ate Moroccan food and it was awesome. He had steak and fries, (OK, he eats like DH) and I had bastilla, an awesome sweet/spicy chicken and egg dish in phyllo dough with a sprinkling of cinnamon and sugar. Yum. For dessert, we had gingerbread cake with vanilla ice cream, maple sauce and caramelized apples with muscat Beaumes de Venise. I forgot that it had a citrusy top note, and it went awesome with dessert. I would love to go back there. Still have some fun stuff up my sleeve before vacation. Oh, and I combed some wool, and started "Coachella" from Knitty with some crazy Moda Dea novelty yarn. Wish me luck. If I have enough (yarn and luck, that is) I will make a dress from it.

0 comments:

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com