Wednesday, April 9, 2014

In two days time...

I will be on vacation.  No, I won't be travelling the world, or eating at fancy restaurants, or swimming in sparkling sapphire waters, but I won't be at work.  Also, my bestie is coming to visit and we'll be house hunting for her big move to NC.  Yay!

I did some spinning this morning before and worked on an article while proctoring a depressing bunch of ESL students who were taking a reading exam in English. I felt bad that they clearly had no idea what the hell they were reading.  Ironically, one of passages had instructions on how to write a magazine article.  Maybe I should have paid closer attention.   I'm just about finished with it and look forward to getting it done.

In television news, my husband and I are crushed that Being Human is Being Discontinued, although I'm not surprised.  What's more shocking is that a total copy of a British show, with the same characters, and similar stories, lasted for as many seasons as it has.  It was a good run Aiden.  We will miss your vampire-y hotness.  (That goes for Aiden (Mitchell) in the Brit show, too.  Been missing your hotness for a while.  Also, Agents of Shield went cray cray last night.  I think it's the first time a movie and a current TV show had overlapping story lines with the same actors at the same time.  People who did not see Captain America: The Winter Soldier are totally screwed now.  It's only been out for a little over a week, and there were no spoilers or anything.  Jeez.  I feel lucky that we saw it last weekend, so events weren't so shocking.  I have a feeling we will see more of that in the future.  It totally works.  Now you won't be able to wait for the digital version unless you want to wait to watch your favorite weekly TV show.  I'm surprised it took this long for someone to figure that out.

Lastly, my gardening plans have been on hiatus and it makes me sad.  I'd like to get some straw bales, but apparently, straw isn't in season in the spring, and I'm afraid to drive the truck too far to get some for fear of breaking down in the middle of Bumblefuck, NC.  I guess the perks of it would be that there would be mountains of F-150 parts for fixing what needed fixing.  I'm thinking Dawn will be my partner in crime for that event.  (Please don't read that Dawn...)  After I get the straw home, it still needs 10 days to break down and get ready for planting.  I think it's ok, though, since we have a long growing season.  It'll all work out in the end :D

0 comments:

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com