Wednesday, February 19, 2014

I gone done it

Well, it seems that seeds are not the only ones who reproduce when the days get longer.  I think I artificially stimulated my kitten to go into heat.  Yikes.  We've had 3 sleepless nights already, what with the yowling and meowing all night.  I've been trying to make an appointment to get her spayed, but they never pick up at the office.  As I understand it, there's a limited window of opportunity to get her spayed in between cycles, which will continue until she gets preggers or the days get shorter again.  Or something like that.

Yesterday,  I managed to card up 4 oz of fleece to blend with the first batch I dyed.  (Promise pictures next week.  I'm not even supposed to be writing this, since I have a crapload of work to do.)  After I submit my project on Sunday, things should settle down for a bit.  I can't wait to say goodbye to February.  This month has been hell.

The seeds are doing well.  I think the chamomile tea mist helps.  I have to keep at it everyday, but there's hardly any white fuzzy stuff anymore.  Some more seeds have come up, so there's lavender and some alpine strawberries.  Still waiting on the huckleberries and rhubarb.  Most of the seedlings are big enough that you can actually see them upon first looking at the seed tray, instead of closely inspecting every nook and cranny for signs of life.  Feeling a bit more confident, but damping off is a constant worry.  Well, gotta get to work.

0 comments:

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com