Saturday, October 25, 2008

What Happened?

OK, seriously, something is wrong with me. All week I've been obsessed with making a sock with my Rhinebeck yarn, Aussi Sock by Oasis in Faded Valentine. I sketched the sock (You'll never see it because it looks like a 5 year old drew it. And people wonder why I never pursued a fashion career!), I picked out the stitch pattern, I found a formula for toe-ups that look promising, chose a ruffle pattern, the ribbon I need for finishing, figured out what kind of cast-on I will use, etc. I've researched on Ravelry, joined two groups, one for socks and one for knitters who try new things all the time and don't know what the hell they're doing. I demonstrated using dpns to a co-worker using said stitch pattern to show how easy it is to work a sock. This morning I decided I will try the turkish cast on, because it eliminates mykitchener stitch, which is an abomination of a technique in my hands. I unraveled my mini-swatch, and started to make a slipknot. Wait a minute. How do you make a slipknot? OMG! Why can't I make this *&%$^* slipknot?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I actually had to google a tutorial. That is so embarassing. I've been making slipknots with relative frequency for 20 years and this morning, my brain went dead. Lord help me!!!!! Anyway, after I looked at the picture, I was like, Oh Yeah, that's how you do it. Now it's back to automatic. For some reason this projects scares the bejesus out of me. I'm so scared to use my sacred yarn and make a zillion mistakes. I feel like a nervous wreck. I need a support group. Oh that's right, I joined one on Ravelry. How sad. 

0 comments:

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com