Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Feliz Cinco de Mayo!

It's finally here!  I can't help but to celebrate holidays where great food is guaranteed: i.e. Pie Day, Dia de los Muertes, Bastillle Day, etc. Who cares if most Mexicans outside of Puebla celebrate it?  Does it matter that beer companies first popularized the holiday to increase revenue?  NO!  I'm so excited.  Just have to cook the pork and make the guac and some salsa.  Hey!  I'll make salsa now so it has a chance to macerate!   Good Idea!


This is what flan looks like!!! It's coconut and cinnamon and I can't wait to eat it!!!! The pork is on the stove and I'm about to make guacamole to snack on. We had a fiesta at school today and most of the kids ate chips and salsa and were happy. More chips and salsa for me, please!!!

0 comments:

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com