Monday, May 25, 2009

Fibertastic!

So MagicStix coerced me into joining the Spin City Aeolian Spin and Knit Along.  I was deathly afraid to do it.  I actually have yarn that would make a nice Aeolian, but why make things easy?  The camel/silk top she gave me was begging to be something fantastic, so I figured, why not?  I'll do it.  First I had to dye the fiber.  It's really hard for me to pick colors, and I knew I wanted something earthy to go with it, but not boring.  They also had to be functional and match my clothes.  I found some roving on Etsy that gave me inspiration, and these are colors I already had mixed up and ready to go: lt. brown, dk. brown, golden yellow, and magenta.  Unfortunately, I have a heavy hand at dyeing and it ended up WAAAAY darker than I had planned.  Oh well.  I might get more fiber, seeing as now I have a  local source and I don't think I will spin fine enough to make the yardage I need.  Here's pics of the fiber: 


0 comments:

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com