Saturday, January 10, 2009

That New Old Album Smell

I just got my cha-cha records that I won on eBay. I love the smell of old records. That musty, thrify-shoppy, smell reminds me of good times. I'll probably listen to them while cleaning up tomorrow. I've been grumpy all week, though I heard on the radio that the first week after the Christmas holiday can be the most stressful of the year. In any case, I survived. Today it snowed, and I deemed it a pajama day. I'm almost done with the body of my sweater; row 70 right now. It probably needs another 3 inches or so. I'm very excited!

I've been so snacky all day. That's what happens on pajama day. I made a coconut custard pie today, and last night, I made hubby marble cake from a (gasp) box mix. I know, I know, but he was going to get an Entenmann's cake, until he saw it was almost 6 bucks! The box mix has the same crap in it, but costs about 2/3 less. I don't mind baking it. We've been doing good team work lately, so I was happy to do it with him. (Also, the pie crust is from a Jiffy mix. I just adore the blue box and the price. AND, it has lard in it. Lard=good, it's only one step away from bacon!)Tomorrow, I might make a peach brown betty. I'm trying to clean out the cabinets and the freezer of all the bizzare items I indulge in through the year. Ghee, tahini, frozen bananas, dried blueberries, candied ginger, granola, banilla yogurt. You get the idea.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL - I'm starving now that I've read your post!

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com