Thursday, January 8, 2009

Where's that Damn Fat Lady!

It's still Thursday. Maybe she will sing tomorrow. I'm tired of working. I'm just tired. Been knitting my sweater. It's probably 35% done. I did the yoke and about 1/2 of the body. I'm using Russian joins to join new thread. It's awesome! You just thread a sharp needle, and sew each end of yarn back on itself to create one strand. You can hardly see it! I've been knitting until it's almost done and joining wherever it ends up. (I have a secret fear of running out of yarn for this project. If it has 3/4 length bell sleeves, tears will be shed.) Almost finished with my kitty blankie, but one ear looks smaller than the other, and I'm completely out of yarn. I can't handle it and there's no solution in sight. It's waiting for divine intervention.

My drum carder has arrived. She is beautiful, shiny and ready to roll. I feel like I have post-partum depression, except I haven't given birth. I have a new addition to my tool arsenal, and my expectations of it and myself have exceeded reality. I want to love it and hug it and kiss it and tell everyone about it, but I'm deeply ashamed and embarrassed that I have no idea what to do with it. It's loaded up with mohair that won't come off in a batt and will have to be picked out in tiny pieces. What have I done? I'm going to try to play with it this weekend and see if I can be even mildly successful. It's possible I should have used wool instead of a luxury fiber to start with. Always running before I walk. Ain't that the story of my life?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im tired too! Tired of working, indeed. Just plain ole tired. Definitely must try this russian join. I'm aiming for 12 sweaters this year. What kind of carder did you get? I played with mine yesterday. It was fun!

miukat said...

12 sweaters! My goal is one! The Russian join works awesome. I got the Fancy Kitten carder, and while I'm sure it works awesome, I don't know what I'm doing and it made me so mad, I had to walk away for a while. I just don't have time right now to mess with it. I'm sure when I finally figure it out, I will go batty with glitz, I mean, glee!

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com